If a working antivirus program is not available on your computer at the moment, the ESET Online Scanner tool can be used to detect and clean threats.
To use the ESET Online Scanner, follow these steps:
1. Go to the page: http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/
2. On the page, Click on ONE-TIME SCAN. By doing so, esetonlinescanner.exe will be downloaded on your computer.
3.Double-click the .exe file you downloaded to run the installer.
4. Select your desired language and click on the Get started button
Doing so will create an ESET Online Scanner shortcut on your desktop, which you can use to open the online scanner later.
6. Click on the Get started button
7. Select your preferred options for the Customer Experience Improvement Program and the Detection feedback system and click Continue.
8. Click on Computer scan.
9. Select an scan type.
1.The Full scan scans your whole system, and all detection options will be enabled.
2.The quick Scan allows you to select the files you want to scan.
3.The Custom scan customizes your scan to the files that you select. You also have the option to detect suspicious applications, detect potentially unsafe applications, and scan archives.
10. Select your preferred options for the Detection of Potentially Unwanted Applications. Click on the Start scan button.
If you selected Custom Scan, you would choose your scan targets first.
11. Please wait while the online scanner downloads the module update.
12. After the module update has been downloaded, the scanner will scan your computer for threats. The number of threats found will be shown in the bottom left corner. You can also pause or cancel the scan by clicking on the bottom right buttons.
13. When the scan is finished. Click Continue.
14. In this window, you can enable or disable periodic scanning. The Periodic scan periodically scans your computer monthly for free. It is a quick check of parts of your system that are often infected. The scan starts automatically, and you will be notified about it.
15. Here, you can choose to delete all files and folders ESET Online Scanner created on closing by selecting the check box next to Delete application data. Click on Close.
You can enable the periodic scan and configure its settings by following these steps.
1. In the main window of the ESET online scanner, Click on Periodic scan settings.
2. Here, you can enable periodic scan if disabled, and select your desired day and time for the monthly scan.